Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Sins are forgiven through Hajj. But so are sins forgiven in through fasting, in the last ten nights of Ramadan, on Fridays, first ten days of Dhul Hijjah, in the last one third of any night and pretty much whenever one asks for it sincerely enough. The key is in sincerity, a desperate willingness to be sin-free. If the sincerity and desperation is missing from Hajj then one will return with not an ounce of his sins reduced. Yet it is just so easy to get caught up with the flow of the events and not have time to purify the sincerity, intensify the desperation. Last one third of the night goes by every night, I cannot wake up, because I know there is a Friday at the end of the week when sins are forgiven. Fridays go by, I do not ask desperately enough because Ramadan is coming. Ramadan goes by, in the hope of the last ten nights. I let go of the last ten nights lightly, because I know more opportunities to have the sins wiped up, to have the barriers between me and my Lord lifted, to purify myself inside out is coming. I know there are still great opportunities left to have the prayers accepted.

My only fear is, what if I let go of that chance too?!

2 comments:

Two Steps From Home said...

Wow! This is wonderful post. I like it so much. Thank you.

My Complaint said...

I am confuse after read your post.